Taylor Law Office
D. Shawn Taylor
Arizona Bar No. 023022
281 S. Main Suite A
Snowflake, AZ 85937
Phone (928) 536-3399
Facsimile (928) 536-4063
IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE
STATE OF ARIZONA
IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF APACHE
Case No. SV201600007
NOTICE OF INITIAL HEARING ON PETITION FOR TERMINATION OF PARENT-CHILD RELATIONSHIP
In the Matter of:
KEERON RYAN VAN SLYKE
Person(s) under 18 years of age.
TO: JEREMY IRELAND, parent of the above-named child; and JOHN DOE, parent of the above named child.
1. Petitioner. Chandra Van Slyke, has filed a Petition for Termination of Parent-Child Relationship pursuant to A.R.S.§§ 8-533 (A), (B) and (B)(1), Rules 4.1, 4.2 and 5 of the Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure and Rule 64 of the Rules of Procedure for the Juvenile Court.
2. The Court has set an Initial Severance Hearing on the 2nd day of February, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. at the Apache County Superior Court, 70 W. 3rd S., St. Johns, AZ 85936, telephone number (928) 337-7555, for the purpose of determining whether you are contesting the allegations in the Petition.
3. You and your child are entitled to have an attorney present at the hearing. You may hire your own attorney or, if you cannot afford an attorney and want to be represented by an attorney, one may be appointed by the court. You have the right to appear as a party in this proceeding. If you appear at the initial severance hearing and contest the allegations, the Court will schedule a pre-trial conference or a status conference and termination adjudication.
4. You are advised that your failure to personally appear in Court at the initial hearing, pretrial conference, status conference or termination adjudication hearing, without good cause shown, may result in a finding that you have waived your legal rights and have admitted the allegations in the Petition. In addition, if you fail to appear, without good cause, the hearing may go forward in your absense and may result in termination of your parental rights based upon the record and the evidence presented to the Court. A failure to appear without good cause shown may also result in a finding that you have waived your right to a trial in a termination of parental rights proceeding.
5. Requests for reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities must be made to the court by parties at least three (3) working days in advance of a scheduled court proceeding and can be made by calling the Apache County Superior Court.
6. If you are receiving this Notice by publication, you may obtain a copy of the Petition for Termination of Parent-Child Relationships by submitting a written request to D. Shawn Taylor, Taylor Law Office, 281 S. Main Street, Suite A, Snowflake, AZ 85937. D. Shawn Taylor may be reached at (928) 536-3399.
7. You have the right to make a request or motion prior to any hearing that the hearing be closed to the public.
DATED This 12th day of December, 2016.
/s/ D. Shawn Taylor
D. Shawn Taylor
Attorney for Petitioner
Published in the White Mountain Independent: December 23, December 30, January 6, January 13, 2017sm
WMI 0224 A, 4x, 12/23, 12/30/16, 1/6, 1/13/17